Blog 15
One of the best times I’ve had with a baseball team was a couple summers ago. I was playing with the Texas Rangers Scout Team. We had a big tournament in Peroia, Arizona. All the teams there were there were top teams in the nation. I remember we had a double-header on a Saturday. I got the go ahead RBI in the first game. My friend on the team did it the second game. Everybody was excited that we won two games against good teams. One of our players had a fake I.D. and bought the whole team a beer. I’ve never seen someone pull that off but it happen. It was weird to see that it actually worked. That night we had a great time. Our coach at dinner said we have room checks at 11:00 pm. Everybody had to be in their room at that time. My whole team was pretty much all in one room. We all were having a beer and our coach walks in. nobody realized that it was 11:10 and he was doing the room checks. Every single person in that room looked at each other with this blank look on their face. We were scared that we were in trouble. He looks at us and smiles he says he’s been young before. He sat down and had a beer with us. That was the first time that a coach has done that before. It was a great time. Some of my teammates from that team that I still talk to, we talk about it all the time.
That sounds very cool. Glad you helped win the game.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had the time of your life.
ReplyDeletelove to be the one making those RBI's. sounds like you had fun.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time
ReplyDeleteMy favorite blog of yours is when you talked about how you got a scholarship playing baseball. I think that is so cool and that you should feel blessed. I only imagine my son being a tri athlete and hope that he gets the same opportunity.
ReplyDeleteLooked like you had a great time
ReplyDelete