Sunday, April 7, 2013

blog 12

            Blog 12
            In my opinion this was a really great book. The way Schlosser described everything had me feeling like I was there. This book makes me and I’m sure everyone else that reads it think about what happens at meat packing industries. I think that I’ll eat less fast food now that’s for sure. I won’t say I’ll eat less meat because of this book. This book makes me think if I ate any tainted meat in my life and where the meat came from. Also, since reading this book I’ve noticed on T.V. so many commercials for fast food. I have a little sister and I was watching T.V. with her and I noticed on the Disney Channel there were so many ads on fast food and junk food. Now I see where Schlosser stated to ban all the ads for children and fast food. I liked how he used the description of the prairie fields in Colorado and described the ranchers and workers who made a living there. The best part in the book to me was the story of Kenny. It was a sad story on how the company used and abused him and at the end of the day just left him out to dry.  

8 comments:

  1. I have seen too many commercials for fast food as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast food commercials are literally on every channel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, this is really a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kenny's story was brutally heart breaking; you're right, at the end of the day they did just leave him out to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's crazy how many advertisements are on kids' channels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with you, there is so many ads about fast food on kids channels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man. At least eat grass fed beef. That chapter was so gross that I can eat it anymore. I was affected by the story of Kenny too. Stuff like that happens often and it is very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here, I'm going to stop eating less fast food as well

    ReplyDelete